by Spacejock Software
WinXP & above / Mono 2.4 & above
Sonar is a manuscript submission tracking program, and I wrote it because I was going nuts keeping track of short story submissions. This program tells me which market has each story, whether a story has been sold or rejected and which stories are gathering dust instead of earning their keep. If you decide to use it, you will be able to view a list of all your stories and then filter them in various ways (e.g. only show stories which are available to send out). You can add markets, stories and submissions and best of all it's completely free!
Sonar3 is free to download and use
, but you're encouraged to register your copy
if you find it useful.
Navies use sonar to track submarines (amongst other things). Articles and stories sent off to magazines are called submissions, or 'subs' for short. So what better to track subs, than Sonar
Sonar 3 is a refresh, rewrite and major update to Sonar 2.
New features include the following:
* Can be installed and run alongside Sonar 2
* Import Sonar2 data without messing up the original
* Load, use, save as many different databases as you want
* 'Stories' now called 'works', so non-fic writers can use the prog
* You can double-click entries in any list to view details
* Colour coded result lines
* Text fields now have unlimited length - guidelines, comments, feedback, etc
* List subs by work AND by market (e.g. a list of everything sent to F&SF)
* All lists can be sorted - including by date
* All forms are resizable
* Now written in .NET 2.0
* Entire project stored in a single XML data file
* Automatic daily backups
Download and install it, import your Sonar2 data and play with all the menus. Any problems, please submit a bug report.