by Spacejock Software
WinXP & above / Mono 2.4 & above
Hamtime2 is designed for Windows XP, Vista and beyond. Win98 and Win2k users should be able to use it, but those operating systems are unsupported. Hamtime2 may also work on Linux and OSX, using Mono 2.2 or later, but this is not guaranteed to work unless specified.
These downloads contain Hamtime2 version 188.8.131.52, dated 25/May/2009
Download Hamtime2 installer (597kb) from the primary site.
download Hamtime2 installer (597kb) from the secondary site.
(The files above are identical. Don't download them both.)
Optional zip version: Hamtime2 Zipped Install (272kb)
Installing on Windows:
1) Download the installation file. Internet Explorer users are forced into a series of pointless* security warnings which look something like this:
Just click Save. You'll get another warning (this one with a nice friendly red X):
Click View Downloads:
Once the downloads folder is open, locate the downloaded file and run your normal anti-virus scan on it. Once you're happy it's free of viruses, run the installation file. On Windows 7 or later, you must right-click the installer and choose 'Run as Administrator'
. Now Windows will probably throw up another warning similar to the one below:
At this point you either trust me (and my company, Spacejock Software) and click 'Yes', or you click 'No' and delete the installer. That's up to you - just bear in mind I set up this website over ten years ago, and if I was offering dodgy software someone would have closed it down by now, wouldn't they?
2) Follow the prompts to set it up. (The defaults are fine)
3) Locate the Spacejock Software entry in your start menu. The program you just installed will have an entry there. Click the program icon to run it.
4) If you get an error message about a missing framework, visit this page
and download the dotnet 2.0 runtime.
Installing on Mac OS X
: This page
contains instructions for installing yWriter5 and Mono on OS X. The rest of my apps use the same procedure.
Installing on Linux
: This page
contains instructions for installing yWriter5 and Mono on Linux. As per the Mac, you can use the same procedure for all my dotnet 2.0 apps.
* Why are all these warnings pointless? Because dodgy security certificates have been issued in the past, making genuinely harmful software appear legit and above-board!
This program runs on the Microsoft Dotnet Framework
, which can be installed on any version of Windows from Win98 on. (e.g. Win98, ME, Win2K, XP, Vista, Windows 7, etc) Note that it's already included with Windows Vista or later.
An Athlon or Pentium 4 with 512 megs of ram will be ample. Should also run fine on older hardware.
Some of my apps will also run on the Mono framework, version 2.2 or later. See the Hamtime2 Linux page
to see whether this application has been tweaked for Linux yet.
You can run my programs from a memory stick.
See How to run your applications from a thumb drive
for more info